IT Project Management
Shirley is a project manager who specialises in software implementations. She has more than 30 years experience in the IT industry where she worked her way up from developer to management. This journey included the full system development lifecycle, quality (ISO and SOx), project management, system migrations, data migrations,system integration, management of service level agreements and customer relationship management.
Shirley’s experience has given her an in depth understanding of software and a broad understanding of other IT aspects such as infrastructure and databases that are inherently all a part of IT projects as well.
Because of her broad and extensive IT experience, complemented by her excellent inter personal and communication skills and the way she handles pressure, make her an effective manager of implementation teams. She has experience in managing multi-vendor projects with complex group dynamics.
Project Management Experience (summary):
- Extensive practical experience of project management methodology
- Extensive integration knowledge between systems on different platforms
- Effective communication skills and the ability to build good relationships with the business
- Very strong at picking up new industry business processes.
- Strengths in project communication
- Extensive experience in implementing software products and customized systems
- Extensive experience on interfaces
- Extensive experience of legacy systems.
- Very strong SDLC experience
- Extensive knowledge on data migrations
- Extensive knowledge on testing
- Extensive knowledge on training
- Strengths in managing project scope deviations
- Strengths in managing roles within projects
- Strengths in managing milestone deadlines.
Professional Experience (summary):
- Twenty years IT related experience in steel manufacturing
- Extensive project management experience
- Consultant for Gartner
- Kerridge Commercial Systems
- Microsoft Dynamics AX
- FlexiLOG & IntelliPERMIT